Energy Audits/HERS Ratings
An energy audit is a survey of your home or businesses’ energy uses and efficiencies. It may include:
- Insulation Levels
- Infiltration Testing
- Heating Equipment Tests, including Duct Leakage Tests
- Infra-Red Camera scanning.
Green Energy Management has been performing energy audits for 30 years, including auditing and inspecting homes for both Clark and Skamania Co. PUDs. We have been involved with the advancement of energy survey equipment and technology, including the items listed above.
A survey of your may save you money year after year. In addition is added comfort.
Call us for a discussion of your home and energy saving opportunities.
A newer standard has evolved over the past decade called the HERS (Home Energy Rating System) scale. How does the HERS Index work?
- A certified Home Energy Rater assesses the energy efficiency of a home, assigning it a relative performance score. The lower the number, the more energy efficient the home.
- The U.S. Department of Energy has determined that a typical resale home scores 130 on the HERS Index while a standard new home is awarded a rating of 100.
- A home with a HERS Index Score of 70 is 30% more energy efficient than a standard new home
- A home with a HERS Index Score of 130 is 30% less energy efficient than a standard new home
This scale is becoming more common nationwide. It is a simpler way to define a home’s energy efficiency.
We have been rating homes from Vancouver to Yakima to Olympia. Tax Credits may be available.
Some details involved to score your home include:
- All exterior walls (both above and below grade)
- Floors over unconditioned spaces (like garages or cellars)
- Ceilings and roofs
- Attics, foundations and crawlspaces
- Windows and doors, vents and ductwork
- HVAC systems, water heating system, and your thermostat.